Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the greatest inspiration


i get so inspired looking at the cards and scrapbook pages of some of my favorite bloggers. their work is so amazing, it makes me feel, well-honestly, like an amateur.
although it's always fun looking at blogs (plus a great way to get an idea when you can't think of what you want to do) i always feel better about the finished card when it's my brain-child, not a scraplift. it's authentic, it's orignal, it's an expression of my creative talent, and that's pretty cool. but is it as amazing as some of the scrappers whose blogs i "stalk"? guess it depends on who you ask-my mom thinks my cards are the best-thank God for mothers, right? not that i think they're bad, seriously i love my work, i just know that as the years go by, the more i learn and perfect my skills i'll move to the next level in my creativity.
to test my theory, i decided to take a look back at some of the early work of a few of my favorite bloggers, and what i found was my theory was right, everybody starts somewhere and it takes time to develop your talent. and that i think is the greatest inspiration i could have received

card: basic grey indian summer collection (paper), bo bunny delilah collection (owl sticker), swirl stamp hero art's trees birds & messages set, queen & co (rhinestones), basic grey epoxy brad, & marvvy white gel pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin