Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finding Time To Scrap

Years ago I was introduced to the wonderful world of scrapbooking and it opened up an amazing new world for me, it seemed to have opened up a window of creative juices I had no idea existed. One of the downsides to this is finding the time to indulge in my passion. I started off saying that I would work at least 1 hour a day working on pending projects and scrapbooks that I have on my to-do list. When my god-daughter was born I decided to create a wonderful scrapbook of her first year and give it to her for her 1st birthday. Unfortunatley she just turned 2 last week and her book is still not completed. Everytime I think I am finished I find another picture that just has to go in the book, or I buy some new paper that deserves to make it's debut in her wonderful book. So I made up in my mind today to get it done before the end of the month. That seemed like a wonderful realistic goal that I have a strong chance of accomplishing. It is important to set realistic goals to allow yourself room for compromise. An important lesson that I have recently been reminded of is to finish the things that I start. I don't want to have dreams deferred I desire to have purpose fulfilled.So stay tuned to view the pages of the cutest little girl and rejoice with me as I reach my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin